KULE KENYA 2024 SUMMER TRIP: JULY 13-18/23
Click the drop down menus below for more details.
JULY 3, 2024
- Arrive in Nairobi (pick-up from the airport at 8:00 AM)
- Tour the city!
- Check-in to hotel in Murang’a (where student and adult participants will stay during the program time in Murang’a county)
JULY 14, 2024
- Leave Murang’a County and return to Nairobi
- Stay overnight at hotel in Nairobi
JULY 15-17, 2024
- Trip to Masai Mara Wildlife Conservation for Wildlife Safari
- Return to Nairobi
- Late lunch and overnight stay at Nairobi hotel
JULY 3-14, 2024
- Construction work
- Orphandage & school visits
- Feminine Hygiene project*
- Computer skills training
- Make a documentary- videos, photos, write-ups- of the whole experience
- Teaching visual & creative arts/writing*
- Cultural sharing afternoon/Evening among KULE students**
- Learning local geography, history, culture & language**
- Daily reflection led by a different student
JULY 18, 2024
- Tour of the city/visit children’s home in the morning***
- Afternoon: visit an old people’s home***
- Some students travel back to Murang’a county to stay at the chairman’s home
- Evening: Most participants fly out of Nairobi for their next destination
JULY 19-23, 2024 (for the chairman's KULE guests)
- Culture immersion activities and work at the orphanage
- Excursion to agriculture farms (rice, coffee, tea, banana plantation)
- Learning global geography, history, culture, and language(s)***
- JULY 23, 2024 – Depart from Nairobi for evening flights home
*= If there are participants offering to lead this project well before the program
**= Unlike in the past, these activities (especially language learning and creative art/ writing) will be more structured. Students interested in leading the creative art/writing project should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance and early planning.
***= This is new and intended to give participants a better sense of the city and, also, to see a different way in which some better-funded organizations support the vulnerable members of society.
PS. In the coming months, more details about our activities will be communicated to the program’s enrolled participants.