3 July 2024
- Arrive in Nairobi. Pick up from the airport at 8.00 am.
- Tour city. Overnight at a Murang’a hotel.
- Stay in a Murang’a hotel the entire program time in Muranga County.
3-14 July 2024
- Constructions work
- Orphanage and school visits
- Feminine Hygiene Project*
- Computer Skills Training
- Making a documentary- video, photos, writeups- of the whole experience
- Teaching visual and creative art/writing*
- Cultural sharing afternoon/evening among KULE students**
- Learning local geography, history, culture, and language**
- Daily reflections led by a different student.
14 July 2024
- Leave Murang’a County. Return to Nairobi.
- Overnight at Nairobi hotel.
15 July 2024
- Tour of the city/Visit children’s home in the morning***
- Afternoon: visit an old people’s home***
- Overnight stay at a Nairobi hotel
16-18 July 2024
- Trip to Masai Mara Wildlife Conservation
- Wildlife Safari
- Return to Nairobi
- Late lunch and overnight stay at a Nairobi hotel
- Most of the participants fly out of Nairobi for their next destination.
- Some of the students travel back to Muranga County to stay at the Chairman’s home.
19-23 July 2024 (for the Chairman’s KULE guests)
- Culture immersion activities and work at the orphanage
- Excursion to agricultural farms (rice, coffee, tea and banana plantations)
- Learning local geography, history, culture, and language(s)***
23 July 2024
Depart for Nairobi for evening flights home.
*= Participants offering to lead this should plan well before the program
**= Unlike in the past, these activities (especially language learning and creative art/ writing) will be more structured. Students interested in leading the creative art/writing project should contact email@example.com for guidance and early planning.
***= This is new and intended to give participants a better sense of the city and, also, to see a different way in which some better-funded organizations support the vulnerable members of society.
- All our programs are customizable.
- In the coming months, more details about our activities will be communicated to the program’s enrolled participants.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.