KULE PARTNER: SOMERO UGANDA (https://somero-uganda.org)
16 June 2024
- Arrive at Entebbe Int’l Airport. Pick up at 8.00 am.
- Travel to Somero Uganda l Kawempe
17-27 June 2024
- Computer skills training
- Tailoring, fashion, and design with the girls and women
- Orphanage and school visits
- Feminine Hygiene Project*/Painting children’s classroom
- Interactive workshop(s) on life in the slums
- Learning local geography, history, culture, and language**
- Cultural evening exchange among the KULE participants (e.g., poems, songs, dances,)
- Daily reflections led by different students each day.
- Cultural immersion — in groups, a morning/day with a Ugandan family
28-30 June 2024
- Safari/Trips to historic sites
30 June 2024
Fly out in the evening.
*= If there are participants offering to lead this project well before the program.
**= The language sessions will be semi-structured.
More details about the itinerary will be sent out as soon as possible to students who register for the program.
- All KULE programs are customizable.
- Contact email@example.com for more details.